A growing Trust with an enviable reputation for success within their Academies required a partner who was able to support that growth and ensure that the ICT infrastructure was fit for not only the present but also the future. Each Academy presents its unique set of challenges, but a uniform approach was required to ensure that ICT supported each any every pupil and member of staff.
What we did
Since 2014, Westcom has been engaged with the Trust to provide a fully outsourced ICT solution to the growing number of Academies in the primary, secondary and SEN sectors. Remote access technology run from the Westcom helpdesk augments regular site visits to ensure that any IT issues are resolved quickly and efficiently.
Alongside day to day support, Westcom has provided and installed hundreds of new computers in ICT suites, classrooms and offices to provide a uniform platform allowing staff to work from virtually any connected location. In addition, Westcom has provided:
- A full migration to Office 365 across the Trust;
- IP Cortex telephone systems in the Academies and Trust offices, interconnected to allow free calling between sites;
- A fully refreshed virtual server infrastructure in one of the secondary school;
- WiFi installation over a number of schools;
- Encryption of mobile devices as part of GDPR compliance;
- A full migration of all sites to a high speed managed internet connectivity solution;
In addition to simply resolving issues, Westcom has been a key partner of the Trust when it comes to IT strategy matters and providing assistance on how technology can be best used to help improve teaching and learning.